帖子

99万

积分

论坛元老

积分
发表于 2016-11-25 12:26:36 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  中考英语完型填空练习(5)

How to talk to a foreigner

Students often want to practice their English outside class. One of the best ways to practice your English is to speak to a foreigner. This week's question comes from a student who is eager to start a conversation with the foreigners he sees every day. Our student asks, "Is it okay to talk to foreigners I see in the street?"

The answer is yes and no, but probably no. If you see a foreigner who looks lost, it is polite to ask him, "May I help you?" But, otherwise, you should probably let him get on with his business. Situations, however, do exist where it is quite all right to talk to foreigners. If a foreigner enters your school, classroom, office, shop or restaurant, for instance, feel free to ask them(for example):

-May I know your name?

-Where do you come from?

-What do you think of Beijing?

-How long will you stay in Beijing?

There are also situations where it's okay to talk to foreigners in public places. If you see a foreigner alone in a restaurant, bar or cafe, it may be appropriate to ask him or her:

-Is this seat free?

-Do you mind if I talk to you in English?

You can probably help them if they are new to China and if they are alone, you may be able to make them feel more welcome.

After a few such questions, you should know whether this person wants to talk to you or not. If they ask you similar questions, or if they give long, informative(知识)answers,you're in luck. If not, then give them their privacy(独处).

Talking to strangers is fun if you choose the right time and place.

46. One way to practice your spoken English is to try to talk with ______.

A. Japanese B. Americans .C. your classmates D. Frenchmen
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|新都网

GMT+8, 2024-5-18 18:30 , Processed in 0.076964 second(s), 8 queries , WinCache On.