帖子

99万

积分

论坛元老

积分
发表于 2017-12-6 19:45:03 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
-->

G

John Brown, an office worker, lives in Washington, He inherited(继承) $ 1,000, 000 when he was 23. He didn’t feel happy at all. His college friends were looking for their first jobs, but he didn’t have to. John decided to keep living a simple life like everyone else. He didn’t tell any of his friends and gave $ 100, 000 of his money to a charity(慈善团体) that helped poor children to live better lives, but he is much happier.

Up to now,John has helped 15 children from poor coun-tries all over the world, $ 200 amonth for each. The child does not receive the money in cash(现金). The money pays for the child’s school expenses, food, medical care and cloth-ing. John receives a report each year on the child’s progress. They can write to each other, but usually the children do not speak English.

When John first heard about these children, he wanted to help them. “It was not anything special,” he said, “Until I had the chance to go to these countries and meet the children I was helping, I did not know anything about the type of life they had.”

Once John went to meet a little girl inAfrica. He said that the meeting was very exciting. “When I met her, I felt very very happy,” he said, “I saw that the money was used for a very good plan. It brought me closer to the child in a way that giving money alone cannot” “ I want to do every-thing I can. I will go on helping those children in need, “he added.

根据短文内容回答下列问题,不超过五个单词:

31. What kind of life is John living?

He is living a _______________________..

32. Did John want to look for a job or stay at home after he got the money?

____________ ______

33. Does John only help the poor children inAfrica?

34. The child receives the money in cash, doesn’t he?

35. Why did John say that the meeting with the little girl was very exciting?

Because he saw his money was well used and this made him_ _.

36.. How do you like John Brown?

He is_______________________

G

这篇短文讲述的是John Brown继承了一笔遗产,并用这笔钱来资助15个孩子的故事。注意有的问题是用句子回答,有的则是用短语或词回答,词数有要求,不能超过五个单词。

第一个问题是细节题,询问John过着怎样的一种生活。由文中的句子John decided to keep living a simple life like everyone else. 可知:他的生活简朴。因此第一题可填入simple life.

第二个问题是推理题,文章开头说His college friends were looking for their first jobs, but he didn’t have to. John decided to keep living a simple life like everyone else.说明他想和别人一样过普通人的生活。很容易对这个选择疑问句作出回答,注意对选择疑问句的回答方式,不要画蛇添足。第2句的回答: He wanted to look for a job.

第三个问题是细节题,根据John has helped 15 children from poor coun-tries all over the world…可知这个一般疑问句的回答:是No. (He helps other children.) / No, he doesn’t.

第四个问题是细节题,这是个反意问句,由文中的The child does not receive the money in cash(现金) The money pays for the child’s school expenses, food, medical care and cloth-ing.可知回答是No / No,he doesn’t.

第五个问题要求考生用短语或词填空,这是推理题,问:为什么John同小女孩的见面令他激动?题目中已给出了部分回答:Because he saw his money was well used and this made him_____________.短文 “When I met her, I felt very very happy,” he said, “I saw that the money was used for a very good plan. It brought me closer to the child in a way that giving money alone cannot” 可以判断空里应填feel happy / closer to the child.

第六个问题是归纳总结题,要求考生在理解全文的基础上,对主人公的人品进行归纳评价。最合适的回答是:a kind(generous) person。
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|新都网 ( 京ICP备09058993号 )

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 07:29 , Processed in 0.080131 second(s), 7 queries , WinCache On.