99万

积分

论坛元老

积分
发表于 2017-12-26 21:08:46 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
-->

原文内容:

Habit of Reading

I read a lot of history, a little philosophy, and a good deal of science. My curiosity was too great to allow me to give much time to reflect on what I read; I could hardly wait to finish one book, so eager was I to begin another. This was always an adventure, and I would start upon a famous work as excitedly as a reasonable young man would go in to bat for his side or a nice girl goes to a dance. Now and then journalists in search of copy ask me what the most thrilling moment of my life is. If I were not ashamed to say, I might answer that it is the moment when I began to read Goethe's Faust.

I have never quite lost this feeling, and even now the first pages of a book sometimes send the blood racing through my veins. To me reading is a rest as to other people conversation or a game of cards. It is more than that; it is a necessity, and if I am deprived of it for a little while I find myself as irritable as the addict deprived of his drug. I would sooner read a timetable or a catalogue than nothing at all.

irritable 易怒的, 急躁的

阅读的习惯

我读了很多历史书,一些哲学书和大量的科学书籍。我的好奇心太大了,使我根本就没有多少时间来反思我读的内容。我几乎等不及看完一本书,就急切地开始读下一本。阅读总是一个探索的过程,我总是兴高采烈地开始读一本名著,就像是一个有理智的小伙子急着要替自己的一方去击球,或者一个漂亮的女孩急着要去参加舞会。经常会有寻找新闻题材的记者问我,我一生中最激动人心的时刻是什么。我可以大言不惭地说,是我开始读歌德的《浮士德》的时候。

我从来就没有失去过这种感觉,即使是现在,翻开一本书的前几页有时也会使我热血沸腾。对我来说,阅读就是休息,就像其他人会选择闲聊或者打牌。不只如此,阅读是我生命中的必需。一刻不能阅读,我就会烦躁不安,就像一个瘾君子没有了毒品。如果没有东西可读,我就会去读时刻表或者产品目录之类的东西。
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|新都网 ( 京ICP备09058993号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-2 18:45 , Processed in 0.082813 second(s), 7 queries , WinCache On.