主题

33万

帖子

99万

积分

论坛元老

积分
发表于 2018-9-30 20:29:26 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  Steve was waiting for the girl whose heart he knew, but whose face he didn’t – the girl with a rose. She was his pen friend. She had helped him a lot both in study and life. They planned their first meeting for 7 pm at Grand Central Station in New York.

"You’ll find me," she wrote, "by the red rose I’ll be wearing on my coat." So at 7 pm he was in the station looking for the girl with a red rose.

A young woman was coming towards him. She was wearing a green coat and was everything that he hoped Miss Maynell would be. But there was no red rose. Then a plain-looking (相貌平平的) woman walked past. She was well past 40 years old. On her coat there was a red rose.

He did not hesitate (犹豫). "I’m Steve Blanchard, and you must be Miss Maynell. I am so glad you could meet me. May I take you to dinner?" he asked.

A kind smile appeared on the woman’s face. "I don’t know what this is about, son," she answered, "But the young lady in the green coat who just went by asked me to wear this rose on my coat. She said if you asked me out to dinner, I should tell you that she is waiting for you in the big restaurant across the street. She said it was a kind of test!"
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

4万

帖子

9万

积分

论坛元老

积分
发表于 2018-9-30 20:43:12 | 显示全部楼层

31. Why did Steve go to the Grand Central Station?

A. To see his girlfriend.                B. To meet his pen friend.            C. To visit his online friend.

32. How did Steve know that he met the right person?

A. The girl wore a green coat.

B. The woman was 40 years old.

C. The girl wore a rose on the coat.

33. Miss Maynell asked the woman for help to see if Steve _____________.

A. treated people by their looks

B. was young and handsome

C. could find her at once

34. From the last paragraph we learn that _____________ at last.

A. the woman went to dinner with Steve

B. Steve invited Miss Maynell to dinner

C. Steve had dinner with Miss Maynell

35. Which of the following is the best title for the passage?

A. Girl with a Rose Tests Kindness

B. Looks can Give People Wrong Ideas

C. Friendship can Bring People a Surprise
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

4万

帖子

9万

积分

论坛元老

积分
发表于 2018-9-30 21:32:25 | 显示全部楼层

【文章大意】这篇小故事讲述了史提夫会见笔友的经过,赞美了他的诚实品格,告诉我们不要以貌取人,讲诚信比什么都重要。

33. A【解析】题意:玛尼尔小姐向那位妇女求助,看看史提夫是不是 ________。考查细节理解题。根据She said if you asked me out to dinner, I should tell you that she is waiting for you in the big restaurant across the street. She said it was a kind of test!,可知玛尼尔是在考验史提夫是不是嫌那个妇女长得老,故选A。

34. C【解析】题意:从最后一段我们知道最后 ________。考查文意理解题。A. the woman went to dinner with Steve那个女人和史提夫一起去吃饭。B. Steve invited Miss Maynell to dinner史提夫邀请玛尼尔小姐吃饭。C. Steve had dinner with Miss Maynell史提夫与玛尼尔小姐共进晚餐。根据I’m Steve Blanchard, and you must be Miss Maynell. I am so glad you could meet me. May I take you to dinner?,结合老妇人的话She said if you asked me out to dinner, I should tell you that she is waiting for you in the big restaurant across the street. She said it was a kind of test!可知史提夫经受住了考验,玛尼尔小姐将会和他共进晚餐,故选C。

【点睛】对于阅读理解题,首先要粗读文章了解大意,其次通过细读,理解全文。在粗读的基础上,仔细阅读题后所给的题目,根据题目要求,再有重点地返回来仔细阅读。在阅读理解的题目中,所设问题主要有以下几种方式:找主题或概括文章的中心思想、就文中的具体事实和情节进行提问、根据文章的表层意思进行深层次的推理判断等,在细读时,要根据设问的方式,进行有侧重地阅读。1、概括文章中心思想。1)文首呈现主题句。2)文尾出现主题句。3)首尾呼应展现主题。4)文中表述主题。前面提出问题,文中的主题由随之陈述的细节或合乎逻辑的引申在文中导出,而后再做进一步的解释。5)文章没有主题句。在这种情况下,考生要把所有的细节综合起来。进行逻辑推理,概括归纳出文章的主题句。2.掌握文章的具体事实和重要情节。在考题中,经常会见到就文章中某一具体事实和重要情节进行测试的题目。这就要求考生在阅读时要注意辨认和记忆具体事实,重要情节,事物的起因、过程、结果及发生的地点、时间等,这些都有可能作为测试点。还有一些测试题,要求考生在理解的基础上,通过自己的思维将理解的内容系统化,比如计算、排序等题型。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|新都网 ( 京ICP备09058993号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-2 20:20 , Processed in 0.081022 second(s), 7 queries , WinCache On.