主题

33万

帖子

99万

积分

论坛元老

积分
发表于 2018-9-30 20:29:29 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  Edward rose early on the New-year morning. He looked in every room and wished a Happy New Year to his family. Then he ran into the street to repeat that to those he might meet.

When he came back, his father gave him two bright, new silver dollars.

His face lighted up as he took them. He had wished for a long time to buy some petty books that he had seen at the bookstore.

He left the house with a light heart, expecting to buy the books. As he ran down the street, he saw a poor family.?

"I wish you a happy New Year." said Edward, as he was happily passing on. The man shook his head.

"You are not from this country?"said Edward. The man again shook his head, for he could not understand or speak his language. But he pointed to his mouth, and to the children shaking with cold, as if(好像) to say, "These little ones have had nothing to eat for a long time"

Edward quickly understood that these poor people were in trouble. He took out his dollars, and gave one to the man and the other to his wife.

They were excited and said something in their language, which doubtless meant, "We thank you so much that we will remember you all the time."

When Edward came home, his father asked what books he had bought. He hung his head a moment, but quickly looked up.

"I have bought no books," said he, "I gave my money to some poor people, who seemed to be very hungry then." He went on, "I think I can wait for my books till next New Year."

"My dear boy," said his father, "Here are some books, more as a reward for your goodness of heart than as a New-Year gift".

"I saw you give the money cheerfully to the poor German family. It was nice for a little boy to do so. Be always ready to help others and every year of your life will be to you a Happy New Year."
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

4万

帖子

9万

积分

论坛元老

积分
发表于 2018-9-30 20:46:36 | 显示全部楼层

23. Edward expected to ________ with the money he got from his father.

A. help the poor family                            B. buy something to eat   

C. buy some pretty books                        D. learn another language

24. Why did the poor man shake his head when Edward spoke to him?

A. He couldn’t understand the boy.                    B. He wouldn’t accept the money.

C. He didn’t like the boy’s language.                D. He was too cold to say anything.

25. How much did Edward give the poor family?

A. One dollar.            B. Two dollars.            C. Three dollars.            D. Four dollars.

26. We know that Edward ________ from the passage.

A. got a prize for his kind heart                    B. had to buy his books next year

C. bought the books at the bookstore                D. got more money from his father
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

4万

帖子

9万

积分

论坛元老

积分
发表于 2018-9-30 21:03:03 | 显示全部楼层

【文章大意】本文主要记叙了一个叫Edward的小男孩,用父母给自己的两美元去帮助更需要的穷人。最后小男孩不仅从爸爸那得到了喜欢的书作为新年礼物并且还得到了比新年礼物更重要的奖励——他人的感谢。

23. C【解析】题意:爱德华想用从他父亲那儿得到的钱      。考查细节理解题。根据He had wished for a long time to buy some petty books that he had seen at the bookstore. He left the house with a light heart, expecting to buy the books.,可知他想买书。故选C。

24. A【解析】题意:当爱德华跟他说话时,那个可怜的人为什么摇摇头?考查细节理解题。根据第六段第二句 The man again shook his head, for he could not understand or speak his language.,他听不懂那个男孩的意思,可知选A。

【点睛】对于阅读理解题,首先要粗读文章了解大意,其次通过细读,理解全文。在粗读的基础上,仔细阅读题后所给的题目,根据题目要求,再有重点地返回来仔细阅读。在阅读理解的题目中,所设问题主要有以下几种方式:找主题或概括文章的中心思想、就文中的具体事实和情节进行提问、根据文章的表层意思进行深层次的推理判断等,在细读时,要根据设问的方式,进行有侧重地阅读。1、概括文章中心思想。1)文首呈现主题句。2)文尾出现主题句。3)首尾呼应展现主题。4)文中表述主题。前面提出问题,文中的主题由随之陈述的细节或合乎逻辑的引申在文中导出,而后再做进一步的解释。5)文章没有主题句。在这种情况下,考生要把所有的细节综合起来。进行逻辑推理,概括归纳出文章的主题句。2.掌握文章的具体事实和重要情节。在考题中,经常会见到就文章中某一具体事实和重要情节进行测试的题目。这就要求考生在阅读时要注意辨认和记忆具体事实,重要情节,事物的起因、过程、结果及发生的地点、时间等,这些都有可能作为测试点。还有一些测试题,要求考生在理解的基础上,通过自己的思维将理解的内容系统化,比如计算、排序等题型。

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|新都网 ( 京ICP备09058993号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-2 19:06 , Processed in 0.089732 second(s), 7 queries , WinCache On.