33万

帖子

99万

积分

论坛元老

积分
发表于 2018-11-10 09:45:30 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  请阅读下列短文,理解其大意,然后从每小题所给的A、B、C三个选项中,选出一个能填入空白处的最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。

I know a Catherine who is smart, educated and interesting. But I avoid her because she never   36   complaining (抱怨)!For years, I fought against my feelings, because I really like and admire her, but I’ve found I just can’t be her friend. Her world is    37    “buts…”. The trip would have been nice, but the drive was too long. The food was good, but the light of the restaurant was too    38  . The hotel was too hot, the bed hurt her back and the room service was too slow. Her complaints were   39   changing me. Months ago, my best friend Daisy was listening to me complaining about Catherine     40    she just became really angry. “Either break up with her, or leave me alone.” She shouted at me, “I’m tired of listening to your complaining.” Her honesty surprised me, and I began to keep myself away from Catherine. Later, I did   41   her.

Now I try to remain happy and positive ( 积 极 的 ) about life, and find friends of the same. There’s been scientific research lately. It shows that people who find   42   to be thankful for their lives are actually happier, and I believe that is true. Endless complaining seems to control your life if you let it come into your brain. And too much complaining will actually make your life    43   .

Some people take “gratitude ( 感激之情) walks” every day, where they    44    their lives in a positive way. By developing a grateful attitude, you can be turned away from what’s troubling you, and   45   what makes you happy. Then you will have a beautiful life.

36. A. keeps       B. stops        C. enjoys

37. A. full of       B. far from     C. famous for

38. A. noisy       B. strong        C. dirty

39. A. hardly       B. suddenly     C. silently

40. A. until        B. because      C. unless

41. A. choose       B. help        C. forget

42. A. reasons       B. excuses     C. questions

43. A. busier       B. longer        C. worse

44. A. give away    B. depend on    C. think about

45. A. against       B. toward      C. through
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

4万

帖子

9万

积分

论坛元老

积分
发表于 2018-11-10 09:59:30 | 显示全部楼层

【主旨大意】

本文是一篇记叙文。作者认识一个叫凯瑟琳的女孩。她很聪明、受过良好的教育也很有趣。但是作者总是躲避她,原因是她从未停止过抱怨。最终她们的友谊结束了。作者由此引发要心怀感恩、积极面对生活的感慨。太多的抱怨会让我们的生活一团糟,而拥有感恩的态度会使我们过着精彩的生活。

36. B  根据上文的 “But I avoid her” 得知,这句话表达“她从来没有停止抱怨”。keeps 保持;stops 停止;enjoys 享受。故选B。

37. A  根据后文中多个“but”可知,她的世界充满了“buts…”。 be full of 充满;be far from 远离;be famous for 因……而闻名。根据后文中多个“but”可知,她的世界充满了“buts…”,故选A。

38. B  根据上句“食物是好的,”可知后句表达餐馆不好的一面。noisy 嘈杂的;strong 强烈的;dirty 脏的。三个选项中形容灯光的词只能是strong,餐厅的灯光是强烈的。故选B。

39. C  根据前文得知起初我喜欢和仰慕Catherine,而由于Catherine的抱怨,我总是躲着她。她的抱怨悄悄地改变了我。hardly 几乎不;suddenly 突然地;silently 静静地。故选C。

40. A  由句意可知我的好朋友Daisy一直在听着我抱怨关于Catherine的事, 直到她生气。until 直到;because 因为;unless 除非。故选A。

41. C  根据上文break up with her(与她断绝关系)和I began to keep myself away from Catherine.(我开始让自己疏远Catherine), 可知后来我的确忘记了她。choose 选择;help 帮助;forget 忘记。故选C。

42. A  根据上文 There’s been scientific research lately. 以及本句句意可知此句表达“调查表明那些为自己的生活找到感恩的理由的人实际上更快乐。reasons 理由;excuses 借口;questions 问题。故选A。

43. C 根据前文的对比和上句“如果你让抱怨进入你的大脑,无休无止的抱怨似乎控制你的生活”可知,太多的抱怨真的会使你的生活更糟糕。busier 更忙碌的;longer 更长的;worse 更糟糕的。故选C。

44. C  根据前半句“人们每天进行感恩之行”,可知这句表达“他们以一种积极的方式考虑生活”。 give away 捐赠;depend on 取决于,依靠;think about 考虑。故选C。

45. B 由句意可知这句表达“通过培养感激的态度,你能够远离烦恼,走向使你快乐的东西”。against 靠,倚;toward 向,朝,接近; through 通过。故选 B。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|新都网 ( 京ICP备09058993号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-4 17:54 , Processed in 0.073892 second(s), 7 queries , WinCache On.